Ultraviolet light is a natural component of the electromagnetic spectrum. It falls to the left of visible light with higher energy levels and wavelengths between 100nm and 400nm.
One of the most effective wavelengths and the one most often used for disinfection is at 254nm. UV is often the preferred choice for its safety, effectiveness and its non-residual name – UV light does not add any chemicals to your water. It is low energy consumption, less than a typical light bulb, which it an efficient choice. It will protect from bacteria, parasites and viruses. This is ideal for treating stored rainwater.
Ultrapure water application: Custom panel mounted UV disinfection and 0.2micron filtration